Virginia Erwin Sirera grew up in the New Orleans area. She graduated from Loyola University with a bachelor’s degree in public relations. After working in advertising for a few years, she entered Loyola Law School, graduating in 1992. She was admitted to the Bar in Louisiana in October, 1992.
Virginia is licensed to practice in all Louisiana state courts, and she is admitted to practice in the Eastern and Middle Districts of the United States District Court. She began her legal career as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Judge Robert M. Burns of the 24th Judicial District Court for Jefferson Parish.
She brings a wealth of experience to her family law practice, and has been described as “Tough, yet Compassionate.” She prides herself on the personal attention she gives each client, and notes that she strives to return all client phone messages the same day they are received.
Although her main area of practice is family law, she has also practiced in the areas of insurance defense, premises liability, and worker’s compensation.
She is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Covington Bar Association. Since 2006, she has been a qualified court-appointed civil law and family law mediator. She lives in Mandeville with her husband and three children, and is active in her church and other community organizations.
She is a proud 2017 graduate of Leadership St. Tammany.
- Judge Robert M. Burns of the 24th Judicial District Court for Jefferson Parish, Judicial Law Clerk
- Abbott, Simses & Kuchler, Associate
- Truitt Law Firm in Covington, Louisiana
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Loyola University of the South, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Covington Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Mediators of Louisiana, Member